About the Practice
With a highly trained staff and state of the art equipment, we are a full scope optometric practice dedicated to providing the highest quality vision care to children and adults in a friendly, comfortable and professional atmosphere. Our practice was started in the 1950’s, and we’ve built a solid reputation as one of the premiere vision therapy and rehabilitation practices in the United State. We provide treatment not only for patients in need of vision therapy or vision rehabilitation, but also see families for all their vision care needs who are here in the heart of Silicon Valley and surrounding areas in Northern California.
About the Optometrist position:
Our new Optometrist will be a welcome addition to our team, who is both personable and caring, and fits into our culture of serious fun and lifelong learning. Additional qualities include interests in becoming a partner or part owner. This person will have a passion for helping others providing the best experience and care for patients!
We currently have three full-time and three part-time optometrists and a team of six therapists and eight patient-
care coordinators/pre-testers/opticians. We also host 2-3 interns total from SUNY or SCCO. This position opens in Mid November 2021 and can be Part-time (2 days) or Full-time (4 days) depending on your needs or availability.
You will also be appointed as adjunct clinical professor and can help to teach our interns.
As a California licensed Optometrist in our practice, you are not limited to, but will be expected to:
• Perform comprehensive eye exams for patients of all ages
• Evaluate, Diagnose, and Refer or Treat Ocular Disease
• Fit and Prescribe Contact Lenses: single vision, multifocal, and toric soft and RGP lenses
• Perform Binocular Vision Evaluations, Diagnosis and Treat BV Disorders (will provide training as needed)
- Prescribe near point lenses
- Prescribe prism and other therapeutic lenses (ie.Neurolens)
- Prescribe vision therapy or vision rehabilitation
• Handle Eyecare Emergencies
• Co-manage LASIK and Cataract patients
• Use Crystal Practice Management EHR
We currently utilize the following pretesting equipment:
• Auto-refractor and Auto-lensometer
• Eyecare Tonometer
• Optos Daytona
• Humphrey FTD Visual Field Screener
• Neurolens to Determine Contour Prism
• Topcon’s Aladdin-M: Corneal Topographer and Axial Length Biometer
We reward our doctors well: commensurate with experience as well as benefits including:
• Competitive Salary (Base + % of Charges after discounts)
• Continuing Education and dues for AOA/COA/COVD
• Paid time off for illness, mental health, personal and vacation
• Matching IRA, Vision Benefits for you and your family
• Health, Disability, Liability & Malpractice Insurance
We hope you are as excited to join us as we are to have you! If you want to belong to a great team, build strong doctor-patient relationships, change people’s lives and work at a practice that is always ready to take the next step forward, apply by sending your cover letter (include goals for 5-10 years, salary requirements, and availability) and CV to Carole Hong, OD at email@example.com.